Fourteen Foods That Will Change Your Life
William Morrow, Hardcover, 9780060535674, 352pp.
Publication Date: January 1, 2004
The super-bestselling book that's enhancing Americans' health By eating the fourteen SuperFoods highlighted in Dr. Steven Pratt's instant bestseller, you can actually stop the incremental deteriorations that lead to common ailments and diseases
- Beans -- reduce obesity
- Blueberries -- lower risk for cardiovascular disease
- Broccoli -- lowers the incidence of cataracts and fights birth defects
- Oats -- reduce the risk of type II diabetes
- Oranges -- prevent strokes
- Pumpkin -- lowers the risk of various cancers
- Wild salmon -- lowers the risk of heart disease
- Soy -- lowers cholesterol
- Spinach -- decreases the chance of cardiovascular disease and age-related macular degeneration
- Tea -- helps prevent osteoporosis
- Tomatoes -- raise the skin's sun protection factor
- Turkey -- helps build a strong immune system
- Walnuts -- reduce the risk of developing coronary heart disease, diabetes, and cancer
SuperFoods Rx includes recipes created by Chef Michel Stroot of the Golden Door Spa and teaches you how to incorporate SuperFoods and their sidekicks into your diet. SuperFoods Rx is an indispensable guide to a healthy, long, and energetic life.
Steven G. Pratt, M.D., is a world-renowned authority on the role of nutrition and lifestyle in the prevention of disease and optimization of health. He is a senior staff ophthalmologist at Scripps Memorial Hospital in La Jolla, California.