Pregancy, Birth, and the First Year of Life
HarperCollins Publishers, Paperback, 9780060742195, 360pp.
Publication Date: February 1, 2006
Twins is a comprehensive guide for all parents preparing for a multiple birth. It is filled with practical advice from specialists who work with expectant mothers and their twins every day.
From the moment the expectant mom knows she's getting more than she expected, Twins provides complete information on pregnancy, birth, and the postpartum experience:
- Your relationship with your practitioner
- Pre-pregnancy planning
- Fetal and embryonic development
- Healthy weight gain for expectant mothers
Once the babies are born, Twins sees the whole family through the exciting and challenging first year, examining such issues as:
- Sleeping and feeding schedules
- Your babies as individuals
- Redefining the family and supporting the needs of other children
- Survival tips for extra-busy parents
- Insightful roundtable discussions with other parents of twins
New in this second edition:
- Complimentary medical practices, including acupuncture, supplements and herbs--as well as current safety guidelines for the use of prescription and over-the-counter medications
- 3-D ultrasound images of developing twins
- What parents need to know about immunizations and their safety
- An up-to-date resource guide to twin-specific organizations, periodicals, and Internet links
- And much more
Twins gives you all the information you need to have a safe and sound twin pregnancy so you can concentrate on the joy of raising happy, healthy children.