The Revolutionary Program That Prepares Your Mind for Peak Performance
Quill, Paperback, 9780060977603, 320pp.
Publication Date: December 9, 1998
These are all symptoms of sleep deficiency--signals that you are operating below your peak performance and beneath your mental capacity. Despite popular perceptions, sleep is not a luxury--it is a necessity. More than seventy million Americans are sleep-deprived, and make crucial business and personal decisions in an impaired state. In Power Sleep, Dr. James B. Maas, a pioneer of sleep research at Cornell University, has created an easy, drug-free program to improve your body and mind for an alert and productive tomorrow. In Power Sleep, you'll find:
- The golden rules of sleep
- Twenty great sleep strategies
- Dos and don'ts of sleeping pills and over-the-counter remedies
- How to combat travel fatigue, including jet lag and drowsy driving
- Tips for exhausted parents of newborns, infants, and toddlers
- How to overcome sleep disorders, including insomnia
An important and practical book, Power Sleep will help you get the sleep you need to improve your mental and physical well-being quickly and dramatically and to become a peak performer.