Me and the Pumpkin Queen
By Marlane Kennedy
(Greenwillow Books, Library Binding, 9780061140235, 192pp.)
Publication Date: July 2007
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
Mildred's Guide to Growing a Giant Pumpkin
1. Get the right seeds. These days, no one grows a Pumpkin Show winner without Howard Dill's Atlantic Giant seeds.
2. Convince your dad that having a pumpkin patch in your backyard is a good idea.
3. Make sure that your dogs stay far, far away from your seedlings.
4. Don't let your busybody aunt interfere with your "pumpkin obsession," no matter how much she wishes you were interested in boys or clothes or anything other than pumpkins.
5. Find a best friend who can help out in a pinch.
6. Never, ever, ever give up.