The Speed Trap
How to Avoid the Frenzy of the Fast Lane
By Joseph Bailey
(HarperOne, Paperback, 9780062515896, 224pp.)
Publication Date: April 3, 1999
Categories: Stress Management
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
Between work, play, family, and friends, most of us feel like we're speeding along at 100 miles an hour. Our lives are full, yet we don't feel fulfilled. One solution is to slam on the brakes and adopt a radically simpler lifestyle. But, as psychologist Joe Bailey demonstrates in this essential guide, you don't have to give up everything to slow down your life. In over thirty-five captivating, instructive stories, Bailey shows just how easy it is to transform your way of thinking-and wave good-bye to aggravating bosses, rocky relationships, stress-induced illnesses, and other symptoms of life in the fast lane. You'll discover how to:
- Enjoy each moment and stop worrying about the past or the future
- Gain insight by trusting your instincts
- Increase your productivity and achieve success-without stress
- Disregard the negative emotions of people around you
- Attain a deep-rooted sense of fulfillment and inner contentment
Joseph Bailey, M.A., is a licensed psychologist and has been a psychotherapist for thirty-five years. He is the author of five books including The Serenity Principle and his most recent, Fearproof Your Life.