Bringing the Rain to Kapiti Plain
Publication Date: May 1992
List Price: $7.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
The story of how Ki-pat ingeniously brings rain to the arid Kapiti Plain. "Cumulative rhyming tale with the rhythm and repetition of The House That Jack Built . . . Illustrations are stylized, simple, and dramatic".--School Library Journal.
About the AuthorAardema grew up in New Era, Michigan as the third in a family of n ine children. A cedar swamp in the back of her house served a s her inspiration and retreat as a young aspiring writer.
* At Michigan State College, Verna took many writing courses, but none that were aimed at writing for children.She didn't think about the children 's book field until many years later, when she had to make up stories to get her baby daughter to eat.
* Verna writes mostly African folktales because of her fascination with that infinitely diverse continent. Out of its jungles, deserts, and great plains have come some of the most unusual and charming folktales in the world.
* As of today, Verna has published over 25 books and is still working on more. Her books have been translated into French, Spa nish, Dutch, Japanese, Chinese and Afrikaans.
* Verna lives in North Fort Myers, Florida, with her husband, Albert.
"From the Hardcover edition."