Minnesota's Best Breweries and Brewpubs
Searching for the Perfect Pint
By Robin Shepard
(University of Wisconsin Press, Paperback, 9780299282448, 336pp.)
Publication Date: June 2011
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
Based on four years of travel and research, Minnesota’s Best Breweries and Brewpubs is a welcome addition to Robin Shepard’s series of guides to the best of the Midwest’s beer industries. From large-scale breweries such as Cold Spring, to chains like Granite City, to individual brewpubs like Fitger’s Brewhouse, Shepard provides commentary for more than thirty beer makers and three-hundred Minnesota beers. Accessible enough for people at all stages in their journeys to discover great-tasting beer, the information-packed guidebook also features a list of helpful books and websites, as well as information on Minnesota’s beer tastings and festivals.
For each brewery and brewpub site you’ll find:
• a description and brief history, plus many “don’t miss” features
• a description of beers on tap and a list of seasonal and specialty beers
• a space for the brewmaster’s autograph
• notes on the pub food, with recommendations
• suggestions of nearby sights and activities
• general directions to the location
• Shepard’s personal ratings of the experience, plus room to add your own.
Robin Shepard is author of Wisconsin’s Best Breweries and Brewpubs, which was awarded the Quill and Tankard Writing Award of the North American Guild of Beer Writers, and Best Breweries and Brewpubs of Illinois.
“The most comprehensive guide to beers, beer drinking, and breweries in Minnesota one could hope to find.”—Jerry Minnich, author of Eating Well in Wisconsin