125 New Classics from My Home Kitchen
Publication Date: October 2, 2007
List Price: $35.00*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
From snacks and starters and on to the evening meal, the Indian influence brightens the flavors in dishes like:
- Goat Cheese Pesto-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Tamarind-Glazed Turkey with Corn Bread-Jalapeno Stuffing
- Crab-and-Salmon Cakes with Spicy Cilantro Aioli
- Crispy Okra Salad
- Bombay-Style Whole Snapper
- Honey-Glazed Double-Thick Pork Chops
- Pistachio-and-Cardamom Pound Cake with Lemon Icing
- Fried Eggs with Asparagus and Prosciutto
American Masala isn't about traditional Indian food--it's about adding new flavors to the great American melting pot, using spices to liven up the old standbys, and enjoying dishes that are as exciting and diverse as life in the big city, and yet as familiar and comforting as your mother's cooking.
SUVIR SARAN’s Manhattan restaurant, Devi, has earned widespread critical acclaim including a Michelin star. His newest restaurant endeavor, the American Masala fast-food chain, will debut in 2007. He lives between Manhattan and his farm in upstate New York.