The Great American Attraction
Two Brits Discover the Rollicking World of American Festivals
By Rich Smith
(Three Rivers Press (CA), Paperback, 9780307395450, 279pp.)
Publication Date: August 26, 2008
List Price: $13.95*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
Follow Rich and Antony on their rollicking tour of the most ridiculous, outlandish, and irresistible American celebrations, including:
- The National Hobo Convention in Britt, Iowa
- The World Cardboard Boat Regatta in Heber Springs, Arkansas
- The Oklahoma State Penitentiary's Sixty-seventh Annual Rodeo in McAlester
- The World's Longest Yard Sale, stretching five hundred miles from Covington, Kentucky, to Gadsden, Alabama
- The World's Largest Machine Gun Shoot in Louisville, Kentucky
Along the way, you'll find out what Rich and Antony really think about American coins, PT Cruisers, baseball hats, dry counties, red plastic cups, "God Bless America," and our refusal to use adverbs.