How Remarkable Women Lead
The Breakthrough Model for Work and Life
Publication Date: December 27, 2011
List Price: $15.00*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
Based on five years of proprietary research, "How Remarkable Women Lead" speaks to you as no other book has, with its hopeful outlook and unique ideas about success. It's the new "right stuff" of leadership, raising provocative issues such as whether feminine leadership traits (for women and men) are better suited for our fast-changing, hyper-competitive, and increasingly complex world.
The authors, McKinsey & Company consultants Joanna Barsh and Susie Cranston, establish the links between joy, happiness, and distinctive performance with the groundbreaking model of Centered Leadership.
The book's personal stories and related insights show you the magic that happens when you put the five elements of Centered Leadership-meaning, framing, connecting, engaging, and energizing-to work. They include:
- How Alondra de la Parra built on her strengths and passions to infuse her life with meaning and make her way in the male-dominated world of orchestra conducting
- How Andrea Jung, the CEO of Avon, avoided a downward spiral when the company turned down by "firing herself" on Friday and re-emerging on Monday as the "new" turnaround CEO
- How Ruth Porat's sponsors at Morgan Stanley not only helped her grow but were also her ballast for coping with difficult personal and professional times
-How Eileen Naughton recovered after losing her dream job, landing on her feet at Google and open to a new leadership opportunity
- How Julie Coates of Woolworth's Australia makes energy key to her professional success, with reserves for her "second shift" as wife and mother
"How Remarkable Women Lead" is both profoundly moving and actionable. Woman or man, you'll find yourself in its pages and emerge with a practical plan for breaking through at both work and in life. "
"From the Hardcover edition.
Susie Cranston, coauthor of "How Remarkable Women Lead", is an organization consultant at McKinsey & Company's San Francisco office.
Geoffrey Lewis, coauthor of "How Remarkable Women Lead", is a journalist and editor.