Organic Herbs and Edible Flowers from Small Spaces
By Gayla Trail
Clarkson Potter, Paperback, 9780307886873, 208pp.
Publication Date: February 7, 2012
List Price: $19.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
Herbs give big rewards with a small amount of work--even the most inexperienced, space-strapped gardener will have success. This handbook includes:
- Guidance on choosing the right plants, designing dazzling in-ground gardens and striking edible containers, and growing herbs indoors year-round
- Ins and outs of growing fifty different plants and hundreds of varieties, from warm and aromatic Mojito mint to peppery nasturtium flowers, from fruity lemon verbena to exotic cinnamon basil, and more
- Handy tricks for winterizing plants and extending the outdoor growing period
- Simple recipes for cooking with and preserving your harvest: Herb-Encrusted Goat Cheese; Homegrown Bloody Mary Mix; Lavender Shortbread; Orange, Rosemary, and Honey Ice Cream
- Upcycling projects based on reusable materials
Perfect for novice gardeners and longtime enthusiasts looking for inspiration, "Easy Growing" is a fun, power-packed resource for creating a delicious herb garden anywhere.
"Easy Growing: Organic Herbs and Edible Flowers for Small Spaces is a scrumptious book. Blogger Gayla Trail, author of You Grow Girl and Grow Great Grub, knows what to share and how to show it so that anyone—from beginners to experienced gardeners—will want to dig right in."