The Complete Coast-to-Coast Guide to America
Let's Go Publications, Paperback, 9780312335694, 1024pp.
Publication Date: March 24, 2005
The Essential Roadtrip Companion
Let's Go hits the open road to rediscover the classic American roadtrip, and this book offers firsthand advice, budget-savvy tips, and plenty of local flavor to boot.
COVERING THE BASICS
- Eight classic cross-country roadtrip routes
- Over 230 detailed route and city maps
- Extensive budget-conscious listings for lodging, food, practical information, attractions, and more
- Pages filled with Americana, roadside kitsch, and informative factoids
- A guide to time-tested road tunes, movies, literature, and the history of the roadtrip
A UNIQUE ROADTRIP EXPERIENCE
- Explore museums devoted to voodoo, UFOs, cookie cutters, holograms, and baking powder.
- See Nebraska's only lighthouse or get lost in the Great Vermont Corn Maze.
- Blaze your own trail on detours to North Dakota's Wind Cave or Pennsylvania's Brandywine Battlefield Park.
- Check our the world's largest frying pan, hairball, ketchup bottle, dreamcatcher, rotating globe, prairie dog, or steam locomotive.
For over forty-five years Let's Go Travel Guides have brought budget savvy travelers closer to the world and its diverse cultures by providing the most up-to-date information.
"Offers tips on finding the best nightlife, museums, outdoor diversions and food... Test-drive this book and see where it takes you."--Travel & Leisure "What's amazing is that this comprehensive guide, chock-full of thousands of miles of useful information, can be crammed into a glove compartment."--Newsday "From sea to shining sea, there's no better traveling buddy than the exuberant Let's Go guide, Roadtripping USA: The Complete Coast-to-Coast Guide to America."--BookPage