St. Martin's Press, Mass Market Paperbound, 9780312349523, 352pp.
Publication Date: June 23, 2009
Personal vendettas, hidden treasure, and a monkey named Carl will send bounty hunter Stephanie Plum on her most explosive adventure yet.
The Crime: Armed robbery to the tune of nine million dollars. Dom Rizzi robbed a bank, stashed the money, and did the time. His family couldn't be more proud. He always was the smart one.
The Cousin: Joe Morelli. Morelli is Dom's cousin. He's also a cop. Less than a week after Dom's release from prison, Morelli has shadowy figures breaking into his house and dying in his basement. Meanwhile, Dom has gone missing
The Catastrophe: Moonman. Morelli hires Walter "Mooner" Dunphy, stoner and "inventor" turned crime fighter, to protect his house. Morelli is low on cash. Mooner will work for potatoes.
The Cupcake: Stephanie Plum. Stephanie and Morelli have a long-standing relationship that involves sex, affection, and driving each other nuts. She's a bond enforcement agent with more luck than talent, and she's involved in this bank-robbery-gone-bad disaster from day one.
The Crisis Ranger. Security expert Carlos Manoso, street name Ranger, has a job for Stephanie that will involve night work. Morelli has his own ideas regarding Stephanie's evening activities.
The Conclusion: Only the fearless should listen to "Fearless Fourteen" by Janet Evanovich.
Thrills, chills, and incontinence may result.
14 REASONS TO LOVE JANET EVANOVICH
1. “LAUGH-OUT-LOUD FUNNY.”—St. Louis Post Dispatch
2. “HOT AND SASSY.”—The Boston Herald
3. “A PLUM PICK.”—People
4. “IRRESISTIBLE.”—Houston Chronicle
5. “BRILLIANTLY EVOCATIVE.”—Denver Post
6. “A MUST READ.”—Midwest Book Review
7. “THE CROWN PRINCESS OF DETECTIVE FICTION.”—Bookpage
8. “OUTRAGEOUS.”—Publishers Weekly
9. “THE MASTER OF SNAPPY DIALOGUE.”—San Francisco Chronicle
10. “ STUNNING.”—Booklist
11. “ OFF BEAT AND HILARIOUS…SHE ROCKS!”—Romantic Times BOOKreviews
12. “HIGLY ENJOYABLE…WHO CAN RESIST?”—Chicago Tribune
13. “ A GOOD TIME.”—New York Daily News
14. “AS ENTERTAINING AS EVER.”—Entertainment Weekly