Finding Real Wealth in a Sustainable Lifestyle
By David Wann
(St. Martin's Griffin, Paperback, 9780312361419, 304pp.)
Publication Date: December 26, 2007
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
In his bestseller "Affluenza," David Wann and his co-authors diagnosed the debilitating disease of over-consumption. In "Simple Prosperity" he shows readers how we can overcome this disease by investing in a variety of real wealth sources. To recapture a more abundant and sustainable lifestyle, try:
- Creating a richer life story through personal growth incentives
- Forming higher-yield friendships and stronger bonds through social capital
- Taking preventive healthcare measures to build up wellness reserves
- Balancing the biological budget through "greener" currency
- Caring for people, not just cars, to improve your neighborhood wealth index
- Resolving that pesky carbon conundrum through energy savings
- Celebrating instead of desecrating Cultural prosperity futures value the earth as a sacred place
In our age of hedge fund hysteria, "Simple Prosperity" is a new way of investing that will save our sanity and the planet.
DAVID WANN is the author of many books, including the bestselling Affluenza: The All-Consuming Epidemic, which he co-authored. He lives in Golden, Colorado.