Mostly Sunny with a Chance of Scattered Hissy Fits
Griffin, Paperback, 9780312363000, 287pp.
Publication Date: September 1, 2009
Hang on to your hats We're in for some fiercely funny weather and crackling-sharp observations from Celia Rivenbark, of whom "USA Today" has said, "Think Dave Barry with a female point of view." With her incomparable style and sassy southern wit, you'll hear from Celia on:
- The joys of remodeling Tara
- How Harry Potter bitch-slaps Nancy Drew
- Britney's To-Do list: pick okra, cover that thang up
- How rugby-playing lesbians torpedoed beach day
- Why French women suck at competitive eating
- The truth about nature deficit disorder
- The difference between cockroaches and water bugs
- The beauty of Bedazzlers
- And much, much more
Whether she's doing her taxes or extolling the virtues of Madonna's mothering skills, Celia Rivenbark will keep you laughing until the very last page.
"Rivenbark treats life’s problems with refreshing disrespect and humor, so sit a spell and enjoy a rollicking, fun ride with the musings of one of the funniest of southern writers, one who appeals to the 'belle' in all of us."--Booklist
“No matter what side of the Mason-Dixon line you live on, Celia Rivenbark’s witty observations about Southern living are sure to bring a laugh.” – Southern Seasons