The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma
Publication Date: October 6, 2009
List Price: $17.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
Join the Mysterious Benedict Society as Reynie, Kate, Sticky, and Constance embark on a daring new adventure that threatens to force them apart from their families, friends, and even each other. When an unexplained blackout engulfs Stonetown, the foursome must unravel clues relating to a nefarious new plot, while their search for answers brings them closer to danger than ever before.
Filled with page-turning action and mind-bending brain teasers, this wildly inventive journey is sure to delight.
Diana Sudyka received a Masters of Fine Art from Northwestern University. She lives and works in Chicago as an artist. This is the first book she has illustrated.
Praise for The Mysterious Benedict Society:
A New York Times Bestseller
A School Library Journal Best Book of the Year
Winner of the E.B. White Read Aloud Award
A Top 10 Children's BookSense Pick
A Booklist "Top Ten Youth Science Fiction and Fantasy" Title
An ALA Notable Children's Book
A VOYA 2007 Top Shelf Fiction for Middle School Readers
A Chicago Public Library Best of the Best
Received critical praise, including 4 starred reviews
* "Like the Potter books, [this] story goes beyond mere adventures, delving into serious issues." - Booklist (starred review)
* "Fans of Roald Dahl or Blue Balliett will find a familiar blend of kid power, clues, and adventure."-School Library Journal (starred review)
* "Deliciously tasty." - BCCB (starred review)
Praise for The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey:
* Not just a rip-roaring adventure with plenty of clever twists and hair's-breadth escapes, but also a warm and satisfying tale about friendship." - School Library Journal (starred review)
"[Readers] will find this sequel a worthy successor." - Horn Book
"This classic struggle of good versus evil also includes the many layers in between." - VOYA
"Entertainingly quirky." - Kirkus
"Every bit as chunky and satisfying as the first, this adventure will delight fans." - The Bulletin