The Art of Star Wars
Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith
By J.W. Rinzler
(LucasBooks, Paperback, 9780345431363, 272pp.)
Publication Date: November 1, 2005
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
Packed with breathtaking visuals created by a team of world-class artists, The Art of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith charts the visual genesis of this epic saga’s climactic finale. For years, George Lucas’s handpicked group has created characters, costumes, droids, starships, planetary vistas, digi-matte paintings, and sculptures–every type of visual imaginable.
This extraordinary volume unveils never-before-seen images–thus taking readers on a fascinating journey from the first concepts to the final movie. While marveling at hundreds of brilliant pieces of art, readers will experience
• Darth Vader–a look at the sinister chamber where he is created
• stunning conceptual visions for the climactic lightsaber duel between Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi
• the evolution of General Grievous–the new face of evil– from initial sketches to ILM animation art
• fantastic full-color renderings of costumes, weapons, landscapes, and spacecraft
• intriguing insights from exclusive interviews with the artists, whose groundbreaking work helped bring Lucas’s ideas to life
New to this edition–the one and only Revenge of the Sith screenplay, revealing every beat of the action.
For Star Wars fans everywhere, this treasure trove of images from the final, fateful Star Wars movie will provide a visual feast that promises hours of endless excitement.
Senior editor at Lucasfilm Ltd., J. W. RINZLER has overseen dozens of Star Wars books, including Mythmaking: Behind the Scenes of Attack of the Clones, The Visual Dictionary: Attack of the Clones, and The Cinema of George Lucas. Rinzler attended Parsons School of Design and New York University’s Graduate School of Arts and Science. He settled for a while in Paris, where he taught art history and cinema for many years at private and public universities. As the associate producer for a video-game developer, he wrote the scripts for a number of educational titles. Rinzler returned to the States to become managing editor of GamePro magazine and published a number of articles on the industry. He is the author of The Making of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith. Rinzler lives in Petaluma, California.