Discover the Latest Intriguiging, Scientifically Sound Explinations to Age-Old Puzzles
Ballantine Books, Paperback, 9780345434883, 672pp.
Publication Date: October 30, 2001
- The rise and fall of the Maya
- A lost cache of Dead Sea Scrolls
- The curse of Tutankhamun
- The devastation of Sodom and Gomorrah
- The Nazca Lines and the Vinland Map
- The existence of Robin Hood
These true mystery stories twist and turn like a good whodunit, as James and Thorpe present the evidence for and against the expert theories, shedding new light on humankind's age-old struggle to make sense of the past. Ancient Mysteries will entertain and enlighten, delight the curious and inform the serious.
“CHOCK-FULL OF FUN-FACTS, HELPFUL MAPS, AND DIAGRAMS, this lively reference work is an excellent companion volume to Thorpe and James’ popular Ancient Inventions.”