The Nature of Animal Healing
The Definitive Holistic Medicine Guide to Caring for Your Dog and Cat
By Martin Dvm Goldstein
(Ballantine Books, Paperback, 9780345439192, 368pp.)
Publication Date: June 6, 2000
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
A pioneering revolutionary prescription
for the health and long life of your pets
For two decades, Dr. Martin Goldstein--America's most successful, renowned holistic veterinarian--has healed and helped his animal patients with the same natural therapies that benefit humans. The results have been so astounding that today critically sick pets are brought to him from across the country for a new chance at life and health.
In this compelling, very accessible book, Dr. Goldstein explains exactly what holistic medicine is and how it works. By treating the root of a health problem instead of its symptoms, you too can help your animal to regain and maintain its own health, as nature intended. Dr. Goldstein also shares many remarkable true stories of supposedly terminally ill animals who have recovered to full wellness. Inside you'll discover
- Why our animals get sick, even when we strive to give them the best of care
- An exhaustive A to Z guide of pet ailments--and the best course of action
- Why vaccines can do more harm than good
- The link between diet and disease--and how the right diet can not only prevent disease but reverse it
- How acupuncture, homeopathy, chiropractic, and other alternative options work--safely and painlessly--to restore true health
- Specific guidance for the use of herbs, supplements, and natural remedies
- The good news (and the bad) about cancer in animals--including extraordinary new treatments and potential cures
- Coping with the inevitable death of your pet--both physically and psychologically
And much, much more
PLUS--the ultimate resource for holistic pet care: an extensive guide to holistic product manufacturers and stores, books, newsletters, Web sites, veterinarians, and associations!
Dr. Martin Goldstein's Smith Ridge Veterinary Center is in South Salem, New York. He received his D.V.M. from the Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine. He has many cats and dogs, all of which are quite old and healthy.
"POSITIVE, COMPASSIONATE . . . VIVID AND ENGROSSING . . . This is a life-affirming book that should interest any pet owner."
"A COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE FOR EVERY ASPECT OF HOLISTIC MEDICINE."