The Watchers Out of Time
Publication Date: October 14, 2008
List Price: $14.00*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
Venture at your own risk into a realm where the sun sinks into oblivion–and all that is unholy, unearthly, and unspeakable rises. These rare, hard-to-find collaborations of cosmic terror are back in print, including
• Wentworth’s Day A fellow figures his debt to a dead man is null and void, until he discovers just how terrifying interest rates can be.
• The Shuttered Room A sophisticated gentleman must settle his grandfather’s estate, only to find that the house shelters dark secrets.
• The Dark Brotherhood A beautiful woman and her companion meet the likes of Edgar Allan Poe, in a tale as terrifying as anything Poe himself ever created.
• Innsmouth Clay A sculptor returns from Paris to create a statue not entirely of this world–and not at all under his control.
• Witches’ Hollow A new schoolteacher puts his soul in peril while trying to save one of his students from a ravenous creature.
H. P. Lovecraft (1890-1937) is now recognized as a master of the macabre in American literature, on the level of Poe, Hawthorne, and Bierce. His works with August Derleth include The Watchers Out of Time. August Derleth (1909-1971) was the founder of Arkham House Publishers, which kept Lovecraft in print after his death, and was the author and editor of over one hundred and fifty books, including Quest for Cthulhu and The Trail of Cthulhu.