The Whole Death Catalog
A Lively Guide to the Bitter End
By Harold Schechter
Ballantine Books, Paperback, 9780345499646, 304pp.
Publication Date: June 2, 2009
List Price: $18.00*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
- Death anxiety-is your fear of death normal or off the scale?
- You can't take it with you . . . or can you? Wacky wills and bizarre bequests
- The hospice experience-going out in comfort and style
- Deathbed and funeral etiquette-how to help the dying and mourn the dead with dignity
- Death on demand-why the right-to-die movement may be the next big thing
- "Good-bye everybody"-famous last words
- The embalmer's art-all dressed up and nowhere to go
- Behind the scenes at your local funeral home
- Alternative burial choices-from coral reefs to outer space
From the cold, hard facts of death to lessons in the art of dying well, from what happens in the body's last living moments to what transpires in the ground or in the furnace, from near-death experiences to speculation on the afterlife, The Whole Death Catalog leaves no gravestone unturned.