Growing Up Global
Raising Children to Be at Home in the World
By Homa Sabet Tavangar
(Ballantine Books, Paperback, 9780345506542, 281pp.)
Publication Date: August 25, 2009
List Price: $16.00*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
Whether you're mastering a greeting in ten different languages, throwing an internationally themed birthday party, or celebrating a newfound holiday, Growing Up Global provides parents and children with a rich, exciting background for exploring and connecting with far-flung nations they may have only heard about on television. Inside you'll discover
- fun activities, games, and suggestions for movies, music, books, magazines, service activities, and websites for expanding your family's worldview
- simple explanations that will help your children grasp the diversity of world faiths
- creative ways to gain geography literacy
- handy lists of celebrations and customs that offer a fascinating look at how people from different cultures around the world live everyday life
Growing Up Global is a book that parents, grandparents, and teachers can turn to again and again for inspiration and motivation as they strive to open the minds of children everywhere.