Making a Baby
Everything You Need to Know to Get Pregnant
Publication Date: April 27, 2010
List Price: $18.00*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
You may have waited a long time. You may have tried and tried. Now your chances of having a baby are better than ever!
For ten years, Making a Baby has been the definitive source for couples who want to get pregnant, offering vital information on fertility technology, advances in baby-boosting medications, and cutting-edge medical techniques. Written with compassion and clarity, and now with even more tips on the best ways to prepare the body to get pregnant, this invaluable book, in a newly revised and updated edition, reveals how to protect, increase, and extend your fertility. Inside you’ll find
• the four basic requirements for reproduction
• findings from the Harvard Nurses’ Health Study that explain dietary ways to boost fertility
• breakthrough information connecting insulin levels with ovulation
• updates on the importance of marine omega-3 fatty acids in your baby’s development
• groundbreaking pregnancy advice for women over 35
• news about polycystic ovary syndrome—and the recommended fertility drugs that may temporarily override this condition and boost chances of conception
• what every man should know about his long-term reproductive health, including the most recent findings on male infertility
This detailed, insightful, and meticulously researched book will help guide you to a wonderful new beginning as a parent!
Brit Berg has a determined interest in making antiques accessible to all, while, at the same time, showing how antiques can be used to enrich modern settings. Britt is fascinated with the history of Swedish architecture, art, and furniture.
Debra Fulghum Bruce is former editor in chief of Living Well Today and the author or coauthor of twenty-four books, including, most recently, Stop Osteoarthritis Now. She lives in Jacksonville, Florida.