Meals to Share with Friends and Family
By Marion Cunningham
(Knopf, Hardcover, 9780375411984, 240pp.)
Publication Date: October 14, 2003
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
To:The American home cook
Subject (URGENT):The family table
We need to lure our families, friends, and neighbors back to the table, to sit down and eat together. It is important that we be in charge again of our cooking, working with fresh, unadulterated ingredients. Enclosed you will find many simple-to-make, good-tasting, inexpensive dishes from the past that taste better than ever today. I urge you to try them.
· Good soups—satisfying one-dish meals that can be made ahead
· Dishes that can be made with what’s on hand—First-Prize Onion Casserole, Shepherd’s Pie, Salmon or Tuna Loaf
· Vegetables baked and ready for the table
· Real salads, substantial enough for lunch or supper, with snappy dressings
· Breads and cookies, puddings and cakes that you loved as a child
PS: There is nothing like the satisfaction of sharing with others something you have cooked yourself