What to Expect When You're Expected
A Fetus's Guide to the First Three Trimesters
Publication Date: October 13, 2009
List Price: $15.00*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
- "My mother just took a sip of white wine. Am I going to end up looking like some Chernobyl baby now?"
- "So far Mommy is spending most of her pregnancy in a state of stress, anxiety, and depression. Which one should she focus on?"
- "I'm kicking as hard as I can, but Mom says it feels like 'butterflies fluttering.' Am I doing something wrong?"
- "Why do my parents blast Mozart at me every night right when I'm trying to sleep? ?"
- "To the nearest hundred, how many people should Mommy invite to my birth?
Mike Loew has been the Graphics Editor for The Onion since 1995. He was a co-author and produced the graphics for The Onion's New York Times #1 bestseller Our Dumb Century and is the author of Tough Call.
"This story has it all— perfect pacing, organic character development, a plot that truly thickens, and a shock ending you literally won't see coming until the final spellbinding moments!" —Publishers Trimesterly
"I am in receipt of your check for $20. Here is the positive blurb you requested." —Stephen King
"Swim, don't wriggle, up your nearest Fallopian tube and land on a copy today!" —The New York Pre
"I'm as sure that this book is terrific as I am that, notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research is not an infringement of copyright!" —The Copyright Act of 1976, § 107
"I wish you'd never been born! (Without reading this, that is!)" —Your father
Billed as "a fetus' guide to the first three trimesters," What to Expect When You're Expected, by Daily Show writer David Javerbaum, is a tongue-in-cheek take on life in utero. More at NPR.org
NPR Audio Player Requires Flash Upgrade: Please upgrade your plug-in to view this content.