Turkish Delight & Treasure Hunts
Delightful Treats and Games from Classic Children's Books
By Jane Brocket
(Perigee Trade, Hardcover, 9780399536113, 208pp.)
Publication Date: September 7, 2010
List Price: $19.95*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
"Yes, but what shall we do?" said Dicky....
"Let's read all the books again. We shall get lots of ideas out of them."
-The Story of the Treasure Seekers E. Nesbit
With the delightful activities and delicious recipes in Turkish Delight & Treasure Hunts you'll learn how to follow in the footsteps of your favorite childhood heroes, from the Borrowers and Alice in Wonderland to the Ingalls family and Winnie-the-Pooh.
Whether you're young or not-so-young, learn how to:
* Make Turkish Delight, like the treat served in Narnia
* Create Laura Ingalls Wilder's exciting Sugar on Snow
* Master the art of breakfast in bed with Paddington Bear
* Play your own version of croquet, as Alice in Wonderland does
* Learn poems by heart, like Anne of Green Gables
* Watch a spider spin her web, like E. B. White's Charlotte
* Enjoy Winnie-the-Pooh and Christopher Robin's favorite pastime- Poohsticks