Leonard Maltin's 2013 Movie Guide
The Modern Era
By Leonard Maltin
(Signet, Mass Market Paperback, 9780451237743, 1664pp.)
Publication Date: September 4, 2012
List Price: $9.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
More than 16,000 capsule movie reviews, with more than 300 new entries
More than 13,000 DVD and 13,000 video listings
Up-to-date list of mail-order and online sources for buying and renting DVDs and videos
Completely updated index of leading performers
Official motion picture code ratings from G to NC-17
Old and new theatrical and video releases rated **** to BOMB MORE Exact running times—an invaluable guide for recording and for discovering which movies have been edited
Reviews of little-known sleepers, foreign films, rarities, and classics
Leonard's personal list of fifty notable debut features
Summer blockbusters and independent sleepers; masterworks of Alfred Hitchcock, Billy Wilder, and Martin Scorsese; the timeless comedy of the Marx Brothers and Buster Keaton; animated classics from Walt Disney and Pixar; the finest foreign films ever made. This 2013 edition covers the modern era, from 1965 to the present, while including all the great older films you can’t afford to miss—and those you can—from box-office smashes to cult classics to forgotten gems to forgettable bombs, listed alphabetically, and complete with all the essential information you could ask for.
• Date of release, running time, director, stars, MPAA ratings, color or black and white
• Concise summary, capsule review, and four-star-to-BOMB rating system
• Precise information on films shot in widescreen format
• Symbols for DVD s, videos, and laserdiscs
• Completely updated index of leading actors
• Up-to-date list of mail-order and online sources for buying and renting DVDs and videos