Frommer's Barcelona Day by Day
By Neil E. Schlecht
(Frommers, Paperback, 9780470165409, 192pp.)
Publication Date: November 1, 2007
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
These attractively priced, four-color guides offer dozens of neighborhood and thematic tours, complete with hundreds of photos and bulleted maps that lead the way from sight to sight. Day by Days are the only guides that help travelers organize their time to get the most out of a trip.
- Full-color package at an affordable price
- Star ratings for all hotels, restaurants, and attractions
- Foldout front covers with maps and quick-reference information
- Tear-resistant map in a handy, reclosable plastic wallet
- Handy pocket-sized trim
Features: Modernista Barcelona, Barcelona for Art Lovers, Ancient Barcelona, Gourmet Barcelona, Barcelona with kids, and more!
At last, a travel guide that tells you how to see the best of everything-in the smartest, most time-efficient way.
- The best of Barcelona in one, two, or three days
- Thematic tours for every interest, schedule, and taste
- Walking tours of the city's best-loved neighborhoods
- Hundreds of evocative color photos
- Bulleted maps that show you how to go from place to place
- Hotels, restaurants, shopping, and nightlife for all budgets
- A tear-resistant foldout map-enclosed in a handy plastic wallet you can also use for tickets and souvenirs
Neil Edward Schlecht is a freelance writer based in northwestern Connecticut. His first exposure to Spain was teaching English for a summer at a Col.legi Sant Ignasi in Barcelona. He returned to the Catalan capital just before the 1992 Olympics and spent most of the decade there, working on social and economic development projects for the European Union and later as a contributing writer for a Spanish art and antiques magazine. Neil is the author or co-author of a dozen travel guides, including Frommer’s Peru, Frommer’s Cuba, Frommer’s South America, Frommer’s New York, Frommer’s Texas, and Spain For Dummies. But little motivates him like the chance to discover new restaurants and wines in Spain.