Sam the Cooking Guy
Awesome Recipes & Kitchen Shortcuts
By Sam Zien
(Houghton Mifflin, Paperback, 9780470467947, 256pp.)
Publication Date: April 2010
List Price: $19.95*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
On his popular television show, Sam Zien shows regular people how to make great meals that are long on taste and short on effort. Sam might not be Michelin rated, but his refreshing approach to cooking with basic ingredients, simple techniques, and equipment almost everyone has at hand makes cooking simple, fun, and satisfying. There's no foie gras, truffle oil, or papillote involved and it doesn't matter if you can't spell "hors d'oeuvre." There are no fancy techniques or rare ingredients here, just great tasting food that anyone can make.
"Awesome Recipes and Kitchen Shortcuts" makes it even easier with simple tricks for preparing great meals on the fly. Turn a roast chicken from the corner deli into a fake pulled pork sandwich. Keep pre-cooked pasta in the freezer and bust out a tub of pre-made pesto for an instant Italian meal.
- Packed with simple cooking shortcuts that make great-tasting food simple-turn leftover roast beef into Shepherd's Pie or last night's French fries into this morning's Breakfast Burrito
- Includes shockingly good recipes like Cap'n Crunch Seared Tuna, Sam's Mexican Meatloaf, Blue Cheese Gnocchi with Bacon, and Pina Colada Pancakes
- Based on simple ways to use easy-to-find ingredients, leftovers, and stuff that's in almost everyone's pantry
- Written by Sam Zien, host of the popular cooking show "Sam the Cooking Guy" and author of "Sam the Cooking Guy: Just a Bunch of Recipes"
Keep it real and real simple with Sam's "Awesome Recipes and Kitchen Shortcuts.