Frommer's Paris 2010
Frommer's Paris 2010
Frommers, Paperback, 9780470470671, 432pp.
Publication Date: September 1, 2009
List Price: $19.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Buy at Local Store
Enter your zip code below to purchase from an indie close to you.
Not Currently Available for Direct Purchase
- BRAND NEW - FULL-COLOR GUIDE
- Our authors, longtime Paris experts, show you the highlights. They hit the city's many classic attractions, including its best museums (from the Louvre to the Fragonard Musee du Parfum). They also describe major churches, historical and architectural highlights, literary landmarks and beautiful Parisian parks and gardens.
- Paris prides itself on being the world's culinary capital. Our authors explore all the cuisines Paris has to offer--from regional cuisine of Alsace and Basque, to haute dining and nouvelle cuisine, to finding the perfect Parisian pastry, to family friendly restaurants.
- Detailed listings show you the best places to shop in Paris, from small antiques shops and vintage clothing stores to open-air galleries and art markets, food markets and cutting-edge designer boutiques.
- The guide also includes side trips to Versailles, Giverny (long-time home of Monet), Chartres and Disneyland Paris.
- PLUS: Hundreds of color photos, foldout map and detailed maps throughout, as well as exact prices, directions, opening hours, and other practical information
About the Author
As a team of veteran travel writers, Darwin Porter and Danforth Prince have produced numerous titles for Frommer's which have included Italy, France, the Caribbean, England, Austria, and Germany. A fi lm critic, columnist, and broadcaster, Porter is also a Hollywood biographer. Recent releases by Darwin include Brando Unzipped, documenting the private life of Marlon Brando, and Jacko: His Rise and Fall, the fi rst complete biography ever written on the tumultuous life of Michael Jackson. Prince was formerly employed by the Paris bureau of the New York Times and is today the president of Blood Moon Productions and other media-related fi rms. Porter and Prince's latest non-travel-related venture, jointly co-authored and published in 2008 by Blood Moon, is Hollywood Babylon-It's Back!, which one critic described as "the hottest compilation of inter-generational scandal in the history of Hollywood."