Rose's Heavenly Cakes
By Rose Levy Beranbaum
(Houghton Mifflin, Hardcover, 9780471781738, 498pp.)
Publication Date: September 2009
List Price: $39.95*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
At last an all-new, full-color cake lover's companion from Rose Levy Beranbaum, The Diva of Desserts!
Rose Levy Beranbaum is a much beloved and widely respected baking legend-"a worshipped woman . . . revered by serious cooks and part-timers" alike, in the words of USA Today. Eagerly-awaited by her legions of devoted fans, Rose's Heavenly Cakes is a must-have guide to perfect cake-baking from this award-winning master baker and author of The Cake Bible, one of the bestselling cookbooks of all time.
This comprehensive guide will help home bakers to create delicious, decadent, and spectacularly beautiful cakes of all kinds with confidence and ease. With her precise, foolproof recipes, Rose shows you how to create everything from Heavenly Coconut Seduction Cake, Golden Lemon Almond Cake, and Devil's Food Cake with Midnight Ganache to Orange-Glow Chiffon Layer Cake, Mud Turtle Cupcakes, and Deep Chocolate Passion Wedding Cake.
Rose's Heavenly Cakes
- Features Rose's trademark easy-to-follow, expertly tested (and retested) recipes for perfectly delicious results every time
- Offers over 100 simply wonderful recipes for cakes for every occasion-from exceptionally delicious butter and oil cakes, sponge cakes, and mostly flourless cakes and cheesecakes, to charming baby cakes and elegant wedding cakes
- Features special tips and tricks from a beloved baking expert for creating amazing special effects and beautiful cake decor
- Contains 100 tempting full-color photos
Visit Rose Levy Beranbaum at realbakingwithrose.com and learn basic baking techniques with her, including measuring, preparing, and mixing ingredients to make cakes and creating decorations to dress them up.
Everything you need to create heavenly cakes-every time-can be found in this new collection of tried-and true recipes by one of the most celebrated bakers of our time.
If you're the kind of person who's always believed that a book can teach you to do anything, this year's crop of cookbooks will prove you right. Cooks lacking confidence will find comfort in detailed instructions and comprehensive how-tos. More at NPR.org
NPR Audio Player Requires Flash Upgrade: Please upgrade your plug-in to view this content.