The Raven Boys
By Maggie Stiefvater
Scholastic Press, Hardcover, 9780545424929, 409pp.
Publication Date: September 18, 2012
List Price: $18.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
An all-new series from the masterful, #1 New York Times bestselling author Maggie Stiefvater!
"There are only two reasons a non-seer would see a spirit on St. Mark's Eve," Neeve said. "Either you're his true love . . . or you killed him."
It is freezing in the churchyard, even before the dead arrive.
Every year, Blue Sargent stands next to her clairvoyant mother as the soon-to-be dead walk past. Blue herself never sees them-not until this year, when a boy emerges from the dark and speaks directly to her.
His name is Gansey, and Blue soon discovers that he is a rich student at Aglionby, the local private school. Blue has a policy of staying away from Aglionby boys. Known as Raven Boys, they can only mean trouble.
But Blue is drawn to Gansey, in a way she can't entirely explain. He has it all-family money, good looks, devoted friends-but he's looking for much more than that. He is on a quest that has encompassed three other Raven Boys:
“A flirtier kind of horror-fantasy, aimed at teens clutching tattered Twilight and Sandman paperbacks….Stiefvater’s quirky prose has ample nerdy pleasures.” - TIME Magazine
“A well-paced, neo-Gothic thriller…Stiefvater, who has an assured and entertaining way with language, doesn’t talk down to her readers, and she ably blends the mystical and the earthly, the primitive and the contemporary in a way that brings to mind the work of John Belairs, J.K Rowling, Lois Duncan, and Stephenie Meyer.” - New York Times Book Review
Praise for The Scorpio Races:
* "Masterful. Like nothing else out there now." - Kirkus Reviews, starred review
* "An utterly compelling read." - Publishers Weekly, starred review
* "Filling it with loving descriptions of wet, wind-tossed Thisby as well as exciting equine action, Stiefvater has created a thrilling backdrop for the love story that blooms...A book appealing to lovers of fantasy, horse stories, romance, and actionadventure alike, this seems to have a shot at being a YA blockbuster." - School Library Journal, starred review
Praise for the #1 New York Times bestselling Shiver trilogy:
* “A lyrical tale of alienated werewolves and first love….Stiefvater skillfully increases the tension throughout; her take on werewolves is interesting and original while her characters are refreshingly willing to use their brains to deal with the challenges they face.” – Publishers Weekly, starred review
“Readers will be able to enjoy Stiefvater's fast-paced storytelling and dedication to the old-fashioned art of creating a believable and enduring romance. Shiver is beautifully written, even poetic at times, and a perfect indulgence for readers of all ages.” – Bookpage.com
“This riveting narrative, impossible to put down, is not only an excellent addition to the current fangs and fur craze, but is also a beautifully written romance that, along with Shiver, will have teens clamoring for the third and final entry.” – VOYA