The Listening Hand
Self-Healing Through the Rubenfeld Synergy Method of Talk and Touch
Publication Date: October 2, 2001
List Price: $19.00*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
The Rubenfeld Synergy Method is an elegant, powerful system that integrates bodywork, intuition, and psychotherapy. Memories and emotions stored in our bodies can result in energy blocks and imbalances. Rubenfeld Synergy utilizes talk, movement, awareness, imagination, humor, and compassionate touch as gateways — contacting and melting frozen tensions and emotions, freeing the body from pain and the mind from suffering.
The Listening Hand includes:
• Body-mind exercises designed to awaken awareness, free breathing, and reveal the body metaphors that tell your life story
• Guided steps that break through inner barriers and lead to concrete improvements in your daily life and relationships
• Energy explorations for contacting the energy field in yourself and others — and how you can use it to heal
• Experiments for couples that gently increase communication, intimacy, and sexual openness
• Practices that enable helpers to avoid physical, emotional, and spiritual burnout
• A complete 7-day Mind Your Muscles program for tension release, body alignment, and enhanced flexibility
“A legendary healer who has been called ‘The Genius of Touch’ has at last published the pioneering theories and practices of her body/mind work.”
— NAPRA ReView
— Belleruth Naparstek, author of Your Sixth Sense
“About thirty years ago Ilana Rubenfeld discovered that emotions reside and are held in the body, and that skillful touch combined with talk could release emotions and heal pain, thus freeing people to live healthier, more effective lives. In The Listening Hand Ilana has distilled the essence of her unique approach.”
— Christiane Northrup, M.D., author of Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom
“Ilana is truly a woman with healing intuitive gifts.”
— Judy Collins, singer, composer, and author
“As productive as it is profound.”
— Jean Houston, author of Jump Time