Yoga Mom, Buddha Baby
The Yoga Workout for New Moms
Publication Date: April 23, 2002
List Price: $17.00*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
S-T-R-E-T-C-H, STRENGTHEN, AND MEDITATE—WITH YOUR BABY
Practicing yoga with your baby—as you hold your baby, have your baby next to you, or have your baby leaning against your thighs or atop your belly—is a wonderful way to add joy to your first year together. Popular yoga teacher Jyothi Larson shares the specially adapted yoga poses she has taught to hundreds of moms and their “Buddha babies,” her term for the happy and calm babies in her classes.
Whether you are new to yoga or an experienced student, whatever shape you are in, you are in the perfect place to practice yoga. In this beautifully illustrated book with easy-to-follow instructions, Larson presents twenty routines that help you get back in shape faster as you bond with your baby. Included are:
• prenatal yoga, with a focus on the last trimester
• what to do after birth through the first six weeks, with special poses for women who have had C-sections
• modified yoga poses that respect your changing post-pregnancy body and give all of yoga’s benefits—stretching, strengthening, and relaxing
• fun yoga moves that encourage your baby’s natural flexibility and growth
• breathing and relaxation exercises as well as partner postures
and much more!
Experience the joy of yoga while bonding with your baby.
Ken Howard is a journalist who writes about science, medicine and technology. He has been practicing yoga for ten years.
Ken Howard received a Theatre World Award for his role as Thomas Jefferson in 1776 and a Tony Award(R) for his performance in Child's Play. He has starred in four television series and appeared in many full-length features and made-for-television films.
“I loved the ritual of going to Jyothi’s yoga classes…I felt like I was doing something not only for myself but for my baby as well. Jyothi is an amazing person and an incredibly talented and nurturing instructor.”
“Combines clear, accessible instructions with appropriate cautions and a winning, expansive attitude, all of which makes for a wonderfully inviting and useful guide to yoga.”
“[A] fun way for mother and baby to bond while becoming more flexible and strong.”
–Body & Soul