Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom (Revised Edition)
Creating Physical and Emotional Health and Healing
By Christiane Md Northrup
(Bantam, Paperback, 9780553386738, 960pp.)
Publication Date: June 1, 2010
Other Editions of This Title: Hardcover
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
When it was first published in 1994, Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom quickly became an international bestseller, and for the past fifteen years it has remained the veritable bible of women’s health. Now, in this revised and updated edition, world-renowned and much-beloved women’s health expert Dr. Christiane Northrup shares with us the latest developments and advances that will maximize our potential for living well in our bodies today. Inside you will discover
• new material on sexuality—and how to have a more fulfilling sex life
• the spiritual and scientific principles behind healing from terminal illnesses, and how you can utilize these principles for your own health and the health of others
• vital information about how to truly dissolve PMS and ease menstrual cramps
• extraordinary facts on Vitamin D—and why it is crucial for breast, cardiovascular, and immune system health
• the importance of the preconception diet and how to greatly decrease your risk of birth defects
• how to birth naturally, despite the current induction and C-section epidemic
• all you need to know about thyroid function, including proper blood tests
• life-saving facts about cellular inflammation—the root cause of all chronic degenerative diseases—and how to prevent this condition
• the essentials on the “fountain of youth molecule”—and how to enhance your levels of it for vibrant health
Living a healthy life in a woman’s body can be downright fun—even ecstatic! And that’s good news for everyone—women, men, and their children.
Christiane Northrup, M.D., is also the author of the #1 New York Times bestseller The Wisdom of Menopause and Mother-Daughter Wisdom, and the host of seven public television specials. A board-certified OB/GYN and past president of the American Holistic Medical Association with more than twenty years of clinical and medical teaching experience, Dr. Northrup was a pioneer in the partnership between conventional and complementary medicine. Her work has been featured on The Oprah Winfrey Show, Today, and Good Morning America, among many others. She lives in Maine and is the mother of two adult daughters.