The Pill Book
By Harold M. Silverman
(Bantam, Mass Market Paperbound, 9780553593563, 1280pp.)
Publication Date: April 24, 2012
List Price: $8.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
THE CONSUMER'S GUIDE TO PILLS--COMPLETELY REVISED 15TH EDITION FOR 2012 WITH MORE THAN 20 IMPORTANT NEW DRUGS AND DOZENS OF NEW BRAND NAMES
For more than three decades, millions of consumers have trusted "The Pill Book "to provide official, FDA-approved information on more than 1,800 of the most commonly prescribed drugs in the United States, with guidelines from leading pharmacists. Each drug is profiled in a concise, readable, easy-to-understand entry, making "The Pill Book" the perfect reference when you have questions about the medications your doctor prescribes. Inside you'll discover
- generic and brand-name listings that can help you save money
- what each drug is for, and how it works
- usual dosages, and what to do if a dose is skipped
- side effects and possible adverse reactions, highlighted for quick reference
- interactions with other drugs and food
- overdose and addiction potential
- alcohol-free and sugar-free medications
- the most popular self-injected medications and their safe handling
- information for seniors, pregnant and breast-feeding women, children, and others with special needs
- cautions and warnings, and when to call your doctor
- 32 pages of actual-size color photographs of prescription pills.