MBA in a Box
Practical Ideas from the Best Brains in Business
Publication Date: May 4, 2004
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
The best minds in business—at your service
MBA in a Box brings together some of the best brains in business who show how the core curriculum of an MBA program works in the real world. People like Michael Porter, Rosabeth Moss Kanter, Adrian J. Slywotzky, Warren Bennis, and Bill George give you a box full of ideas and tools that can boost your career and help you add value to your organization. For example:
• Why finance is not just about manipulating numbers but of immense importance in sustaining growth, building widespread wealth, and creating jobs.
• The profit zone and how to tell if a business is in one.
• The skill of turning an idea or invention into a product that solves a problem for a market.
• Merging the need of business to produce and grow with the environment so they are both sustained.
• The latest thinking in marketing about branding, pricing, reversing a product’s life cycle, and turning what has become a commodity into a specialty.
• And much more.
JOEL KURTZMAN is global lead partner for thought leadership and innovation at PricewaterhouseCoopers. Mr. Kurtzman has been an editor and columnist for the New York Times, the editor of Harvard Business Review, and is the founding editor of Strategy + Business magazine.
More than 150 writers from 40 events will gather in New York City for PEN World Voices Festival of International Literature, April 28 – May 4, 2014.
For its 10th anniversary, the festival celebrates those who have dared to stand ‘on the edge,’ risking their careers, and sometimes their lives, to speak out for their art and beliefs. Join us for a wide range of events, including debates, one-on-one conversations, participatory workshops and performances in venues throughout the city. Use the code PEN14 (use PEN2014 for events at The Public Theater) and receive a 20 percent discount on most events. www.worldvoicesfestival.org