MBA in a Box
Practical Ideas from the Best Brains in Business
Publication Date: May 4, 2004
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
The best minds in business—at your service
MBA in a Box brings together some of the best brains in business who show how the core curriculum of an MBA program works in the real world. People like Michael Porter, Rosabeth Moss Kanter, Adrian J. Slywotzky, Warren Bennis, and Bill George give you a box full of ideas and tools that can boost your career and help you add value to your organization. For example:
• Why finance is not just about manipulating numbers but of immense importance in sustaining growth, building widespread wealth, and creating jobs.
• The profit zone and how to tell if a business is in one.
• The skill of turning an idea or invention into a product that solves a problem for a market.
• Merging the need of business to produce and grow with the environment so they are both sustained.
• The latest thinking in marketing about branding, pricing, reversing a product’s life cycle, and turning what has become a commodity into a specialty.
• And much more.
JOEL KURTZMAN is global lead partner for thought leadership and innovation at PricewaterhouseCoopers. Mr. Kurtzman has been an editor and columnist for the New York Times, the editor of Harvard Business Review, and is the founding editor of Strategy + Business magazine.