Kaufman Focus Guide to Mammals of North America
Publication Date: April 1, 2004
List Price: $22.00*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
Brilliant images, lively text, and accurate maps - your best guide to North America's magnificent wild mammals
* Covers every species of mammal known to occur in North America and its offshore waters, including naturalized exotics - 450 species in all
* More than 1,100 photographs selected and digitally edited for clarity
* Organized for quick and convenient use, with a pictorial table of contents, a one-page index, and color tabs for sections
* Full index that doubles as a life list
* Range maps on text pages show where each species is common or rare
KENN KAUFMAN is the originator of the Kaufman Field Guide series and author of Lives of North American Birds, Kingbird Highway, and Flights Against the Sunset, among other books. Long recognized as an expert on bird identification, he has been teaching popular workshops on the subject since 1980 and has written hundreds of ID articles for Birder's World, American Birds, and other publications. A field editor for Audubon and a contributor to every major birding magazine, he has also led nature tours on all seven continents. He and his wife, Kimberly, make their home in northwestern Ohio.