Perfect Recipes for Having People Over
By Pam Anderson
(Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Hardcover, 9780618329724, 320pp.)
Publication Date: September 2005
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
Having your friends over is no big deal when you have the perfect recipe, one that's not only foolproof but simple and that fits into your hectic schedule. In her new cookbook, Pam Anderson shares nearly 200 perfectly convenient dishes, including
* Lacy Cheddar Crisps -- An irresistible one-ingredient hors d'oeuvre, ready in 10 minutes.
* Oven-Barbecued Pork -- Slow-cooked for 10 to 12 hours. You literally make this one in your sleep.
* Creamy Baked Macaroni and Cheese -- When kids are coming, why not serve the best version of their favorite?
* Shish Kebabs -- Satisfy every guest, from vegetarians to carnivores, in the same meal. Six exciting flavoring pastes offer all the variety you need.
* Easy Baked Risotto -- Elegant and effortless, with many sumptuous variations, including seafood and vegetarian. You socialize while it cooks.
* Orange-Glazed Asparagus -- One of the most versatile side dishes imaginable. Ready in 8 relaxed minutes.
* Molten Chocolate Cakes -- 15 minutes to oozy decadence.
Every recipe comes with helpful suggestions on what to serve with the dish, how to vary it, how to take shortcuts, and how to make it ahead.
PAM ANDERSON is the author of the New York Times bestseller The Perfect Recipe for Losing Weight and Eating Great and the best-selling Perfect Recipes for Having People Over and The Perfect Recipe, winner of an IACP Award. The monthly food columnist for USA Weekend, she is a contributing editor to Fine Cooking and Runner's World. She is the former executive editor of Cook's Illustrated and teaches cooking classes across the country and appears frequently on TV and radio.
Anderson revives the art of entertaining in this unthreatening collection of simple but elegant dishes. Her reassuring attitude will relax any nerve-jangled host.
The perfect guide for getting get-togethers together without the muddle, mess, or meltdown.
"In her fourth cookbook Pam Anderson...offers foolproof recipes for festive dishes...With her advice, even an incorrigible worrier could feed a crowd without fear." People Magazine
More than 150 writers from 40 events will gather in New York City for PEN World Voices Festival of International Literature, April 28 – May 4, 2014.
For its 10th anniversary, the festival celebrates those who have dared to stand ‘on the edge,’ risking their careers, and sometimes their lives, to speak out for their art and beliefs. Join us for a wide range of events, including debates, one-on-one conversations, participatory workshops and performances in venues throughout the city. Use the code PEN14 (use PEN2014 for events at The Public Theater) and receive a 20 percent discount on most events. www.worldvoicesfestival.org