A New Way of Life
By David Servan-Schreiber
(Viking Books, Hardcover, 9780670021642, 274pp.)
Publication Date: December 31, 2009
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
"Anticancer" has been a bestselling phenomenon since Viking first published it in fall 2008. Now, a new edition addresses current developments in cancer research and offers more tips on how people living with cancer can fight it and how healthy people can prevent it. The new edition of "Anticancer" includes:
- The latest research on anticancer foods, including new alternatives to sugar and cautions about some that are now on the market
- New information about how vitamin D strengthens the immune system
- Warnings about common food contaminants that have recently been proven to contribute to cancer progression
- A new chapter on mind-body approaches to stress reduction, with recent studies that show how our reactions to stress can interfere with natural defenses and how friendships can support healing in ways never before understood
- A groundbreaking study showing that lifestyle modification, as originally proposed in "Anticancer," reduces mortality for breast cancer by an astounding 68 percent after completion of treatment
- New supporting evidence for the entire Anticancer program.