The Cat in the Hat's Great Big Flap
By Dr Seuss
(Random House Children's Books, Board Books, 9780679893608, 12pp.)
Publication Date: September 21, 1999
List Price: $12.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
Inspired by five all-time best-selling Beginner Books(r), this Seussian tour de flap includes:
* Counting with the Cat in the Hat himself, from 1 fish to 20 Zeds (with hair on their heads )
* Animal sounds, courtesy of Mr. Brown (Yes, he can moo Lift the flap and you'll moo, too )
* Rhyming games and wordplay inspired by There's a Wocket in My Pocket and One FishTwo FishRed FishBlue Fish
* And as if all this weren't enough -- Dr. Seuss's ABC in 26 flaps
Dr. Seuss's first children's book, And To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street, hit the market in 1937, and the world of children's literature was changed forever!
In 1957, Seuss's The Cat in the Hat became the prototype for one of Random House's best- selling series, Beginner Books. This popular series combined engaging stories with outrageous illustrations and playful sounds to teach basic reading skills.
Brilliant, playful, and always respectful of children, Dr. Seuss charmed his way into the consciousness of four generations of youngsters and parents. In the process, he helped kids learn to read.
Winner of the Pulitzer Prize in 1984 and three Academy Awards, Seuss was the author and illustrator of 44 children's books, some of which have been made into audiocassettes, animated television specials, and videos for children of all ages. Even after his death in 1991, Dr. Seuss continues to be the best-selling author of children's books in the world.