The Pie and Pastry Bible
Publication Date: November 1998
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
The Pie and Pastry Bible is your magic wand for baking the pies, tarts, and pastries of your dreams -- the definitive work by the country's top baker.
- More than 300 recipes, 200 drawings of techniques and equipment, and 70 color pictures of finished pies, tarts, and pastries
- Easy-to-follow recipes for fruit pies, chiffon pies, custard pies, ice-cream pies, meringue pies, chocolate pies, tarts and tartlets, turnovers, dumplings, biscuits, scones, crostadas, galettes, strudel, fillo, puff pastry, croissants (chocolate, too), Danish, brioche, sticky buns, cream puffs, and profiteroles
- All kinds of fillings, glazes, toppings, and sauces, including pastry cream, frangipane, Chiboust, fruit curds, ice creams, fondant, fruit preserves, streusel, meringues, ganache, caramel, and hot fudge
- A separate chapter featuring foolproof flaky, tender, and original crusts of every kind imaginable. Here are a few: Flaky Cream Cheese Pie Crust, Flaky Cheddar Cheese Pie Crust, Miracle Flaky Lard Pie Crust, and Flaky Goose Fat Pie Crust; Bittersweet Chocolate, Coconut, Ginger, and Sweet Nut Cookie Crusts; and Vanilla, Gingersnap, Chocolate, and Graham Cracker Crumb Crusts
- Countless tips that solve any problem, including the secrets to making a juicy fruit pie with a crisp bottom crust and a lemon meringue pie that doesn't weep
- How to make a tender and flaky pie crust in under three minutes
- How to make the best brownie ever into a crustless tart with puddles of ganache
- Exciting savory recipes, including meat loaf wrapped in a flaky Cheddar cheese crust and a roasted poblano quiche
- Extensive decorating techniques for the beginning baker and professional alike that show you how to make chocolate curls, pipe rosettes, crystallize flowers and leaves, and more
- Detailed information on ingredients and equipment, previously available only to professionals
- The wedding cake reconceived as a Seven-Tier Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Tart
- Pointers for Success follow the recipes, guaranteeing perfect results every time
ROSE LEVY BERANBAUM is the award-winning author of nine cookbooks, including The Cake Bible, the International Association of Culinary Professionals Cookbook of the Year for 1988, and Rose's Heavenly Cakes, IACP Cookbook of the Year for 2010. She also won a James Beard Foundation Award in 1998 for Rose's Christmas Cookies, and her 2003 book, The Bread Bible, was an IACP and James Beard Foundation nominee and was listed as one of the Top Ten Books of the year by Publishers Weekly and Food & Wine. Her popular blog, realbakingwithrose.com, has created an international community of bakers.