52 Things Kids Need from a Dad
By Jay K. Payleitner
(Harvest House Publishers, Paperback, 9780736927239, 187pp.)
Publication Date: March 2010
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
"God, please help me...another game of Candy Land..."
Quite a few dads spend time with their kids. However, many have no clue what their kids really need.
Enter author Jay Payleitner, veteran dad of five, who's also struggled with how to build up his children's lives. His 52 Things Kids Need from a Dad combines straightforward features with step-up-to-the-mark challenges men will appreciate:
- a full year's worth of focused, doable ideas--one per week, if desired
- uncomplicated ways to be an example, like "kiss your wife in the kitchen"
- tough, frank advice, like "throw away your porn"
- NO exhaustive (and exhausting) lists of "things you should do"
- NO criticism of dads for being men and acting like men
Dads will feel respected and empowered, and gain confidence to initiate activities that build lifelong positives into their kids. Great gift or men's group resource