The Five Mindful Steps for Lifelong Health and Energy
Publication Date: April 2006
List Price: $15.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
The low-impact health benefits of walking have made it one of the most popular forms of daily exercise. Yet few people experience all the benefits that walking can offer.
In "ChiWalking, " Danny and Katherine Dreyer, well-known walking and running coaches, teach the walking technique they created that transforms walking from a mundane means of locomotion into an intensely rewarding practice that enhances mental, emotional, and physical well-being. Similar to Pilates, yoga, and T'ai Chi, ChiWalking emphasizes body alignment and mindfulness while strengthening the core muscles of the body.
The five mindful steps of the "ChiWalking" program will get anyone, regardless of age or athletic ability, into great shape from head to toe, inside and out.
1. Get aligned. Develop great posture and better balance.
2. Engage your core. Make back and knee pain disappear.
3. Create balance. Walk faster, farther, and with less effort.
4. Make a choice. Choose from a menu of twelve great walks such as the Cardio Walk, the Energizing Walk, or the Walking Meditation, to keep your exercise program fresh.
5. Move forward. Make walking any distance a mindful, enjoyable experience, whether you're a beginner or a seasoned walker.
Katherine Dreyer brings to this book more than twenty years of experience in the health, personal growth, and fitness fields. She now works with Danny to create ChiRunning, ChiWalking, and ChiLiving programs.