Amazing Pop-Up Big Machines
Publication Date: November 9, 2010
List Price: $17.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
Come to the construction site and try your hand at operating the big machines with the help of amazing pop-ups, pull-out play pieces, and plenty more.
When is a pop-up book not a pop-up book? When it’s also a play space, promising hours of fun! Master paper engineer Robert Crowther has outdone himself with this celebration of captivating machines, each commanding its own space: a dump truck, bulldozer, tractor, forklift, and tower crane. Included on each spread:
* One giant pop-up machine with movable parts (and some smaller machines, too)
* A fascinating description of what the machine is and what it can do
* A fact file of cool details such as measurements and weights
* A pouch containing pull-out, easy-to-construct items such as boxes and bricks
* Tips on how to work the big machine — and get busy playing! (Sound effects to be happily provided by users.)
Robert Crowther discovered the wonders of 3-D illustration while still in art school and has since gone on to create numerous acclaimed pop-up books, including the award-winning COLORS AND SHAPES. He is also the author-illustrator of the novelty book LET'S COOK! Robert Crowther lives in Norfolk, England.