Feng Shui Your Garden For Dummies
Publication Date: January 2004
Other Editions of This Title: Paperback
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
You stroll out into your backyard. You see a tangle of overgrown shrubs, a lawn that needed to be mowed yesterday, and a series of rosebushes minus the roses. Or maybe you’ve just taken possession of your brand-new house in a brand-new subdivision, and when you step out the back door, all you see is a vista of sod – and in the far distance, the neighbor’s sapling. Either way, you know that you want to do something to your yard, and soon. But you’re not quite sure what or how.
Feng Shui Your Garden For Dummies has the answer. This ancient Chinese philosophy of design can be applied to any room, building, or outdoor space, and it doesn’t require burning incense or belief in bizarre, esoteric ideas. Feng Shui Your Garden For Dummies is for you if you
- Have a yard, garden, or piece of outdoor space
- Know that your surroundings influence how you feel
- Want to design a friendly, welcoming outdoor space
Feng Shui Your Garden For Dummies is organized so that the information is easy to find and easy to use. Each part of the book relates to a general topic. You'll discover information about:
- Understanding the principles of Feng Shui, to give you some hints about getting the energy flowing in your garden (can you feel those good vibes?)
- Getting started on your Feng Shui garden, by choosing an auspicious (favorable) location for your garden, creating positive energy with your plants, and raising the energy by inviting wildlife into it
- Creating a theme garden, such as an aromatherapy garden, hummingbird garden, butterfly garden, or Zen garden. You'll also gain insight into gardening in tight spaces such as patios, rooftops, and courtyards
Feng Shui is just a way of looking at the world and shaping your environment to be pleasing and welcoming to you. You don’t even have to believe in it for it to work. But it does work. Let this book show you how.
Jennifer Lawler is the author of Martial Arts For Dummies and the coauthor of ASVAB For Dummies.
Holly Ziegler is a real estate broker, Feng Shui instructor and consultant, and coauthor of Feng Shui Your Workspace For Dummies.