Retreats That Work
Everything You Need to Know About Planning and Leading Great Offsites
Publication Date: July 2006
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
Based on the best-selling first edition, this greatly expanded and updated version contains forty-seven new activities, more information about how to design and lead retreats, and additional suggestions for how to recover when things go wrong. A CD-ROM allows you to print out chapters for distribution to key leaders, duplicate templates, and produce handouts for specific exercises.
Whether you're planning to lead an offsite retreat for the first time or the ninety-ninth time, this easy-to-use, one-stop resource provides:
- Step-by-step instructions for leading a wide variety of tested exercises.
- Insight into establishing effective working relationships with clients.
- Information on what to include in your retreat designs.
- Suggestions for encouraging participants to speak up and play an active role.
- Tools for managing conflict.
- Guidance on making decisions during a retreat and changing course when necessary.
- Strategies for developing and implementing action plans.
- Tips for follow-up so you can keep the change train on track.
Merianne Liteman, Sheila Campbell, and Jeff Liteman consult to corporate, government, international organization, and nonprofit clients on strategic planning, strategic change, creative thinking, leadership development, and improved teamwork and communication.(You can find more information at www.retreatsthatwork.com.)