Publication Date: August 1, 2004
List Price: $15.95*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
For any kid who has heard "Get outside and play," and for any parent who has said it.
"I can't believe Mom made me stop my video game to get some fresh air. Stupid outside. "
"At least the guys are here. Their moms made them come outside, too. "
"That shouldn't be too hard. Maybe I'll finally get lucky. It'll fall any second."
- Like O'Malley's acclaimed "Straight to the Pole," this book is pithy and funny, perfect for readers of all levels and ages.
- The topic--playing video games versus playing outdoors-- is explored in a way that is satisfying to both parents and children.
- Once again, O'Malley showcases his knack for relating to modern kids, and his new illustration style will win over more readers to his fan club.
- With an intuitive understanding of young boys' psyches, O'Malley has created an ideal book for dads and sons to enjoy together.
Kevin O’Malley has been amassing high praise for his hilarious, kid-friendly picture books. His Straight to the Pole was named a School Library Journal Best Book of the Year, and it earned starred reviews in School Library Journal and The Bulletin of the Center for Children’s Books. School Library Journal and Kirkus Reviews also gave Kevin’s Mount Olympus Basketball starred reviews, with Kirkus calling it a “sidesplitting slam-dunk.” He is also the illustrator and co-author of the bestselling Miss Malarkey series for Walker & Company.
Kevin lives in Baltimore, Maryland, with his wife and two sons.