Everything Is Miscellaneous
The Power of the New Digital Disorder
By David Weinberger
(Henry Holt & Company, Paperback, 9780805088113, 277pp.)
Publication Date: April 29, 2008
List Price: $15.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
"Perfectly placed to tell us what's really new about the] second-generation Web."--"Los Angeles Times"
Business visionary and bestselling author David Weinberger charts how as business, politics, science, and media move online, the rules of the physical world--in which everything has a place--are upended. In the digital world, everything has its places, with transformative effects:
- Information is now a social asset and should be made public, for anyone to link, organize, and make more valuable.
- There's no such thing as "too much" information. More information gives people the hooks to find what they need.
- Messiness is a digital virtue, leading to new ideas, efficiency, and social knowledge.
- Authorities are less important than buddies. Rather than relying on businesses or reviews for product information, customers trust people like themselves.
With the shift to digital music standing as the model for the future in virtually every industry, "Everything Is Miscellaneous" shows how anyone can reap rewards from the rise of digital knowledge.