The Truth About Dangerous Sea Creatures
Publication Date: September 2003
Other Editions of This Title: Paperback
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
From the team that created the award-winning The Truth about Great White Sharks comes an exciting and informative new book with up-to-date facts and awe-inspiring photographs. Look at some of the underwater world's most fearsome creatures including giant squid, sharks, stingrays, sea snakes, barracuda and other animals that lurk in the ocean. Discover:
- which fish is big enough to swallow a human being whole.
- why some sea creatures are as dangerous dead as alive.
- which animal divers fear the most.
- how to treat a sting from a venomous sea creature.
- which sharks attack people and why.
Mary M. Cerullo is the associate director of Friends of Casco Bay, an environmental group in Maine. She has written several nonfiction books for children.
Jeffrey L. Rotman is a world-renowned underwater photographer whose work has appeared in many magazines and books for all ages. He lives in New Jersey with his wife and four children.